When I switched over to Kaiser Health Care last year I was given a different generic levothyroxine drug than the one I had been on for ten years. It was a horrible mistake on my part to allow this because Mylan's generic drug totally sucks!

I thought that all generics were the same. That was a big mistake on my part. After three months on the same dosage, 85mcg, my TSH levels went up. I started getting headaches, muscle pain and cramps, reduced energy level, weight gain and worst of all a bad case of edema!

Kaiser upped my dosage to 88mcg and three months later my TSH count went up even higher and the side effects grew worse. Once again, they upped my dosage to 100mcg and three months later my TSH levels went up even higher than ever!

Finally, I insisted on seeing an endocrinologist and she tried to convince me to up my dosage of the same drug. I insisted on going back to my original 85mcg dose of the generic manufactured by Lannett and after only two days back on this drug my energy level increased, my muscle pain and cramps disappeared and I began feeling much better and happier than I have been in a long time!

Product or Service Mentioned: Mylan Pills.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I have been on levothyroxine for years with no side effects. Yesterday, January 10, 2019, I picked up my prescription and the manufacturer is now Mylan.

After only one dose and 1.15 hours later I noticed that my sense of smell was off, everything smelled like a funeral home along with a terrible headache. I was miserable the whole day at work. Once I got home, took one of my allergy pills and chewed it to make it work faster, within 15-20 minutes the headache was gone and my sense of smell was back to normal. I will file a complaint with the FDA.

Genic mess are generic for a reason... all garbage.